Saturday, August 9, 2008

God Hates the WBC

Even though at one point in my life I considered myself a christian, I have come to develop a special loathing for them. Here's another reason why:

A group known as the Westboro Baptist Church (not affiliated with any other Baptist church apparently) slipped through the borders into Canada to picket Tim McLean's funeral today. Now, I'm sure we're all aware of the tragic incident that happened to Tim McLean a few weeks ago, and my heart goes out to his friends and family. Now, if only the members of the WBC can get it through their heads to picket a funeral where such a tragedy has occured and that this young man's family already has enough on their plates with the death of this young man, and they should not have to deal with these idiots who think it's okay to go around spouting their self-righteous messages at the most inappropriate times.

Just for the record, WBC is considered a hate-group and they have put up websites such as godhatesfags.com and godhatescanada.com.

Now, I did mention earlier that because of free-speech and all that stuff, I believe that a person does have to right to be racist or anti-homosexual or anti whatever the hell you want to be against. As long as it does not infringe on the rights of other people. Now, having said that, I also hate racism in all its forms, and I believe that the WBC are a group of intolerant, ignorant fuckers. I was extremely happy when I found out that citizens of Winnipeg were going to form their own counter-protest, in order to block the WBC from the people attending the funeral. At least there are some considerate people still on the planet.

Apparently, the WBC believes that God orchestrated the attack on Tim McLean to punish Canada for accepting homosexuality. Does anyone else want to worship a god like this? I would like to hear the logic of this: God punishes a young kid because he lives in a country that allows homosexuality. If that's the case, I say: "Fuck God!" I don't even want to believe in a god like that, let alone worship one.

So, that is one of many reasons why christians piss me off.

Writing updates: "Terror Eyes" has gone through it's second draft and is about to undergo it's third. I've almost got the first chapter of "Hatred" done, but I'm having trouble getting it the way I want it. Hopefully I'll have it and Chapter 2 done sometime this week.

That's all for now.

Cheers,

Joe

No comments: