Sunday, July 13, 2008

Damn Kids!

I always used to say that you've officially reached old age when you start using the phrase "Those damn kids!"

So that means I have now officially reached old age.

Two nights ago, I decided to go to Tim Horton's after work. Okay, I was locked out of the house so the decision was kind of made for me. Anyway, I buy a newspaper and a coffee, then sit down to read the paper. The first few pages are full of the usual stuff you find in the paper. Thefts, beatings, drugs. I mean, this is Calgary after all. Then I come across an article about a 12 year old girl who took her Dad to court to have her grounding overturned. And won. That's when it struck me that this is part of the reason why the first few pages is full of garbage.

A good portion of crimes today are done by teenagers. This is because we get these idiotic psychologists who tell parents that spanking is wrong. Give the kid a "time-out" instead. The time out has got to be the most ridiculous punishment I've ever heard of.

The other reason kids are running wild is because of organizations like children's aid. In my opinion, they are the most useless organization around today. People are so scared to discipline their children because of the CAS that they let their kids run free and do whatever they want. The big threat is that the kids will call children's aid. Ya, I tried that once with my mom and she drove me there.

If parents don't start to discipline their kids, they will keep running wild and causing trouble. I remember days when kids were scared to do anything wrong because of what their parents would do to them if they found out. It's no coincidence that 50 years ago there wasn't as much youth crime as there is today. This all started when they started to introduce these alternative punishments like the time-out.

I say fuck the CAS and start spanking your kids.

Writing updates: Finished the first draft of my short story "Terror Eyes." I need some people to read it and critique. If anyone's interested, let me know ASAP. Also, Hatred is still coming along. I expect to be done Chapter One soon. The secret project is still in the development stages. I hope to start writing it once I get a few more stories out of the way.

Later,

Joe

No comments: